ST.IVES COLLAGEN ELASTIN MOISTURIZER -REVIEW

05:06:00

Moisturizers are the basic skin care essentials , from freezing cold to melting temperatures we need them all year around , dont we ?? Today I am reviewing a mouturizer that I have been using since a year now .






THEY CLAIM

St.Ives is dedicated to bringing you the best of nature with formulas that delight the senses as they leave your skin with a soft, fresh feel. We understand that little every day choices we make help to better your life. That's why St.Ives is a formulator of quality products.

Apply to face and neck, morning and evening.




MY EXPERIENCE 

Its my second jar, and I  try to use this every night before going to bed , and when I wake up my skin is soft and incredibly matte, no traces of oil around the T-zone . But whenever I apply it during the daytime's it does not give me that fresh and neat feeling as if something is sticking to my skin, so I made it my night cream.

Its texture is thick and gel like ,which when applied to face feels a bit heavy , takes few seconds before it is completely absorbed into the skin . 

So what basically is collagen and elastin , I read and searched about it and in simple words it can be described as the support structures of our skin , collagen is a protein which connects tissues and elastin helps our skin to stretch and return to its original position , And as we age  they both start breaking down and so wrinkles appear, but getting these through creams and moisturizes is a big question, I have few very fine lines on my forehead and it failed to reduce them.

It smells unique, not floral nor fruity but a very pleasant one which really do uplift my mood when ever I apply it.

As its a huge jar there is always a fear that some dirt might get into it whenever I open it, so I just take the amount very fast and close the lid.

My skin type is dry but in summers the T-zone is bit oily, in winters I need thick dose of some heavy moisturizers  I  tried it in winters but it didn't quench my thirsty skin , so it is good for me from March till mid Novembers :)

It costed me around 450 to 500 rupees a very pocket friendly cream if compared to the quantity you get, contains
10 oz of product.

TO CONCLUDE :


  • Good for all skin types but for dry skin its good in summers only
  • Makes skin super matte and soft 
  • Pocket friendly
  • Huge quantity if compared to price


  • A little sticky and heavy feeling.
  • Does not reduce fine lines as it claims
  • Due to its size you have to be extra careful from preventing dirt entering into it.


Ratings:
3/5

Do tell me by commenting if you like the review.
Thank you

Takecare :)






You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I'm using this cream for more then two years now and must say it's amazing..!!! nice review.
    Welcome to blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review.I love this moisturizer.Love the way you described.Your blog looks very good :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, I was thinking of investing in a good moisturizer and this blog really helped me in making up my decision! It's not expensive so there's no harm in trying it! Most of the moisturizers always make my skin extra oily and I just trash them after using once or twice..but this one seems promising as you gave a positive review about it! Keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do follow my blog by being its member :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :)
    followed you on GFC.

    meemmakeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks marium,, FOLLOWING U BACK :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe