NYX SOFT MATTE LIP CREAM---- Review and Swatches

07:47:00


I feel so content while writing this because ever since I got hold of  NYX SMLC's I made it a life mission to blog about them. This has been the most coveted lip product in the past year, loved and raved by nearly all beauty bloggers and you-tubers, which also means that I am pretty late in putting this up. Can I please take some leverage here and blame my super busy work life?
Initially a random purchase which soon turned into some serious addiction, I remember buying these all one after another like a kid going crazy over candies, seriously! and believe me the craze is still not yet over.


Lets talk about the packaging first.....






The gloss like tube is a bit smaller than usual lip gloss, containing only 8 ml (whereas a normal lip gloss contains 15 ml ) of product. My only lip product that ran out pretty fast. Other than this the tube itself is cute and sturdy, with a matte black cap that makes it unique. Each tube is colored according to the shade it carries which is cool but one should not solely rely on it (if your planning to buy online).The best thing-it does not get messy no matter how clustered your bag is and no matter you cant find a thing in it, it will not LEAK !!! except for the cap as it tends to attract dirt. Comes with a typical doe-foot applicator that picks up just the rite amount of product, making application super smooth and streak-less. So all points for the applicator.

The consistency is like a mousse cream which goes on evenly, unlike a typical liquid lipstick that is more 'liquidy',it applies matte to the lips, with no glossiness or shine and is super comfortable. They are fairly pigmented but still I have to layer it up a couple of times for true show of color,particularly,if you are playing with a lighter shade. After like 15 to 20 mins of application the cream disappears into a beautiful stain, yet it doesn't dry out the lips insanely however, applying a lip balm underneath would be a better idea in case you have super dry lips. I am not saying they don't dry out lips (because they do ) but only that the dryness is slight and bearable and that you might not even notice it since it doesn't bother you with that extreme cactus like/ moisture deprived lips.

As for the staying power, sans any eating/drinks they stay on pretty good, 6 to 7 hours to be precise!. But with all the munching they disappear really fast, and by the time you are done with your food, it will be just an outline. So touch ups are a must!!! These lip cream smells like a bakery with oven fresh vanilla cakes. Sounds yummy? oh boy!



NYX SMLC'S SWATCHES
 
Among all these shades my most used is Prague and Adis Ababba, as they flatter my skin tone so well. Adis Abbaba is a bright pink shade and is slightly blue toned, will suit medium to fair skin tones. Prague on the other hand is a beautiful deep purple shade with intense pink undertones, its so gorgeous and I have no words to describe how much I love it. I always get compliments with these too, definitely re-buying these too.

Morocco is a bright orange, with hint of red , perks up my face in an instant. Cannes appears as a nude brown shade but when applied, its a brown with peach and pink undertones, a unique shade indeed, again will compliment medium to fair skin tones, ideal for work. Ibiza and San Paulo are almost similar as Ibiza is just a lighter version of the other, both these shades are prettiest pinks ever, San Paulo is more like a muted rose pink shade and Ibiza is a more pale pink with hints of coral. Amsterdam is another gorgeous red but not the deepest red out there. Lastly Antwerp , which seems more coral from the tube but is a perfect soft muted pink shade.
Nyx SMLC are pocket friendly and cost $6 whereas on different Facebook pages they retail at PKR 950.
I bought mine through Indelath and Zensky.

Did you like this review and have you tried NYX SMLC's ? Please do let me know throught yours comments , would mean a lot. Don't forget to follow me on my Facebook and Instagram for daily feeds.

Lots of love.

XOXO.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Loved your review. Have tried San Paulo and its a gorg shade. Cant wait to get my hands on Addis Ababa and Prague too :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mishall :)

    Yeah do try as they are the prettiest ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mishall :)

    Yeah do try as they are the prettiest ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really drooling over you NYX haul, love all the shades. Its great that they are non drying, I'll now definitely give them a go! xx

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe